Monday, August 23, 2010

Sisters and a little somethin' somethin'...

The best part about our family reunion (millions of pictures to come), was getting to be with all my family for the first time in a VERY long time. This was our first reunion ever where all were in attendance. Getting to be with all my sisters is a rare and lovely treat. Everyone used to ask us if we were quadruplets, though there are a lot of years in between us. One thing I love about having sisters is sharing in the joys and struggles of being a mother.

Meet the girls:

Sara (oldest girl and mother of six), Laura (youngest girl and one week away from having her first baby), Emily (second oldest girl and mother of two, the youngest being 7 weeks old), and me (second youngest girl, mother of 2 and....ONE ON THE WAY!!)

Photobucket



I am 15 weeks along and due on Valentines Day. This baby has been a long time in the making. After a miscarriage and a D&C back in January, I must admit that with each appointment I go in expecting the worst. Through this process I've learned so much about myself, and being sensitive to others, and most importantly, about turning my will over to the Lord. We're so grateful for the miracle of life and the opportunity to be a part of it again.