Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fishing

We took a quick trip to Geoff's grandma's house in Idaho this last weekend. We always enjoy spending time with her, and fishing of course. I've loved fishing since I was a little girl and am so happy to see my kids enjoy it as well. It started off rocky as Geoff realized that all his fishing gear was not in fact at his grandma's house, but at his parent's. We managed to fix up his grandpa's old pole and took along some plastic bags instead of our much more practical fishing bags. The place where we fish is so fun because it's not deep in most areas so you can just walk in the water with sturdy shoes. The fish seemed abnormally large this year (and that's no fish tale), and we caught our limit. I love trout!

The kids surveying the stream.
Photobucket


Isaac caught his first fish entirely by himself this trip. He has caught lots before with some assistance, but this time he did it all on his own. He told me later "Mom, at first I thought I wasn't going to be a good fisherman, but now I know I'm a REALLY good fisherman actually."
Photobucket


Isaac and I went off on our own for a while and it was so fun just spending time with him. It had been too long. He talked and talked and we even caught some fish too. I decided not to bring the camera along while we were fishing though. Lucy and Geoff had a great time too and when we met up, Lucy was soaked. She had fallen in. It was quite warm out, but she was kind of cold, so we decided to stop for lunch and look what we found, a mini hot pot!! Lucy stripped down before I even knew what was going on and hopped in. She thought she'd died and gone to heaven and stayed in there a good half hour. It was pretty dang cute.
Photobucket


Photobucket


And here's some proof that I was there.
Photobucket


Photobucket