Friday, August 14, 2009

Update

We had our appointment at the Burn Unit in SLC today. Geoff has been out of town for the week so my brother came with me. Good thing he did because I almost fainted. I have learned that I don't do well with seeing people I love being in pain. I've seen the wound lots obviously, but when they were touching it and he was hurting, I got lightheaded.

Their assessment was not quite as positive as I was hoping for, though they did say that much of it is healing well. Parts of it are deeper than they originally thought, so skin grafts are still a possibility unfortunately. They told us to keep our routine up for the next two weeks and then they'd decide at that point. Walter, the nice physical therapist, made Isaac a splint for us to put on the back of Isaac's leg at night to encourage his knee to straighten since it's in a slight bent position right currently.

I am certainly grateful to have Geoff back! Did I mention that I lost my wallet at Thanksgiving Point on Tuesday? Let's just say it's been a long week.

Photobucket