Friday, July 11, 2008

Sites from Vienna Austria

We got to Austria after a very long plane ride, which involved me eating a fair amount of plane food, which I subsequently threw up in the taxi from the airport to our hotel. Thank goodness for the headrest that I bought because it came in a bag!

We were exhausted when we got to our hotel because of the time difference. We took a short nap and then I attempted to make myself presentable by straight-ironing my hair. I quickly learned that the electric conversion is not the same. TOTALLY burnt my hair. It was really depressing since I've been trying to grow it out. Guess I'm getting a haircut.

We decided to be true tourists and bought a two day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus ticket and went to all the major sites around the city for the next two days. I was happy we did so because we were able to see so much.

And for the true reason of our trip: Geoff's presentation at the Technical University went well. This was the first time I've actually been able to attend one, so it was a proud moment for me.

Here's just a few sites that we saw, I don't want to overload you too much!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We got a good chuckle out of this sign.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This image is purely to tell you of the rampage that went on at 3 of the 4 H&M's the we went to (all located within walking distance of eacthother!). In true Leah style, I pretty much only bought clothes for the kids.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Me sitting on one of the old preserved streets in Vienna. It is used in a lot of movies we were told.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And this was a very common site, Geoff looking at a map at the metro stations.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting