Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Camping

We decided last minute to go with the Dovers up to Payson Lake for some camping. We've never gone with both of the kids, though Isaac and Geoff have gone many times. After packing up most of our house it seemed, we got there and set up camp and made a delicious dutch oven dinner, followed by Reese's Smores (this may have been one of the driving factors in me going). We then tried our hand at fishing, which wasn't successful, but the views were well worth it. The kids finally fell asleep at about 10:30pm which began the night I have since tried to erase from my memory. It involved Lucy waking up telling me she had to pee, then refusing to go. Then me tossing and turning because I was freezing and sure that Lucy was going to pee in her sleeping bag, followed by Lucy telling me she was cold and ending up in my mummy bag with me. As far as I'm concerned, mummy bags were made for half of a person as it is. I spent the remainder of the night on my side which fell asleep (the only part of me that actually did) and with Lucy's face about 2cm from mine.

The next day was beautiful though, and really hot. Amy's "omlettes in a bag" helped erase some of my ill feelings of the night. We played the rest of the day at the lake fishing, eating lunch and exploring. We returned home exhausted, filthy and happy. Now if I could only find a way to not dread the nights and the putting away of everything on the return home, I'd be a real camping lover.

Livi's feet in the morning. So gross.
Photobucket


Hum, perhaps not real camping, but it worked while we were cleaning up breakfast.
Photobucket


Lucy and Ethan are like an old couple already. Lucy would say, "Ethan, can you throw my line out?" Ethan would set down his rod, throw hers out for her and then pick his back up. It was really cute.
Photobucket


Livi and Lucy trying their hand at fishing the first night. They were not informed that they were not actually fishing with a hook.
Photobucket


Ethan's cast was a thing of beauty. They've definitely got a fisherman on their hands.
Photobucket


All the kids.
Photobucket


Amy took some pictures of us all together, but I'm guessing since she just blogged about Spring Break '09, that I won't be getting them for a couple years.