Monday, November 09, 2009

New York, New York!

I got home in the wee hours of the morning last night from a whirl-wind trip to New York. It was my sweet friend (and old roommate) Kamilah's birthday. What better excuse to have a girls trip? She is just starting her own line of clothing, KGrace Designs, so I did a shoot for her while I was out there with a model. It was so much fun, and so hilarious of course. I'll post some pictures after I get her approval...I don't want to ruin the surprise! We did loads of shopping, walking, laughing, a memorable trip to the Manhattan temple, eating, karaoke and me making a fool of myself. I managed to have the worst of luck on this trip. I got locked in a bathroom, got my arm stuck in the Subway, nearly manhandled by an angry cab driver, and the list goes on. Sooo many funny memories. Here's a few pictures from the trip. Can't wait to go back with Geoff and do all the touristy things!

The birthday girl!



Despite this picture, she was real happy I was there. Promise.



The ladies waiting for the Subway.



Kelly, also mistaken for Courtney Cox.



Jen.



All the ladies on our way to the Brooklyn Bridge.









Closeup of the Brooklyn Bridge.



Amberli, Kelly and I. Amberli was such a trooper. She walked everywhere and stayed up till crazy hours of the night with the wee one in the belly.



Can you spot the Statue of Liberty? Was really wishing I had a telephoto lens!