Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I refuse to let summer die

Now I'm not saying I don't enjoy some of the cooler temperatures, but by cooler, I mean 75 degrees and nothing below it. I loath the winter. Give me two weeks of snow around Christmas and I'm good. Utah winters have been so ridiculously long lately that I'm mortified when it drops below 80. Can I get an amen Kristina?

So tonight we held on to summer a little longer by going as a family to a U-Pick raspberry and blackberry farm just down the road, McBride Farms. The older couple that run it are just about as darling as it gets. Lucy was calling them Grandma and Grandpa by the end of our time there. It was an absolutely perfect evening. Slightly cooler temperatures, happy children and therefore happy parents. The kids picked an entire two hours without a complaint. They were enthralled, and it was, dare I say, therapeutic for me. And the berries! Oh the berries! We'll (and by we'll I mean me) be making loads of freezer jam tomorrow, and maybe a couple pies.


Have I mentioned how much I love Mapleton? Just look at that view.
Photobucket


Lucy was surprisingly an excellent berry picker.
Photobucket


They offered Isaac a job in a couple years as they hire neighborhood kids to help with orders. I'm all over that!
Photobucket


Photobucket


A successful and delicious evening for all.
Photobucket