Tuesday, July 14, 2009

At the risk of seeming conceited

Lucy and I met up with Geoff and Isaac at BYU (they biked there and back, that's a 2 mile bike ride for my 4 year old!) and walked over to the beautiful stream and waterfall they have made there. There were lots of baby ducks and Lucy couldn't have been more excited. I was taking some pictures of Isaac and Geoff walking on the rocks, while Lucy disrobed and started walking in the water. She is certainly a water-baby!

I intended to just take some pictures of the kids and the ducks, but Geoff took my camera while I was playing with the kids and got these. At the risk of seeming conceited, I post them because I think he did a great job and honestly, it's nice to have some visual memories of myself with my babies. It's warm summer evenings like these, spending time with those I love the most that I'm reminded how lucky I truly am!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



**Technical note: these were taken with my 85mm at 160/f3.2 (which should have been smaller so that we were all in focus, but oh well). I happened to lay down in a patch of sunlight coming through the trees--HELLO, must do that more often because it did wonders for my face and under eye bags!